Tuesday 22 January 2008

Lay it Down

This evening, as part of my churches choir practice, I will be taking a few moments to bring a thought to the other members. I want to talk about allowing ourselves to be used by God. I want to talk about starting right now, not waiting till we are perfect.

To help me do that I am using a song called "Lay it down", by Jaci Velasquez (lyrics here) which includes the chorus:
So I'm gonna lay it down
I'm gonna learn to trust You now
What else can I do?
Cause everything I am depends on You
And if the sun don't come back up
I know Your love will be enough
I'm gonna let it be, I'm gonna let it go,
I'm gonna lay it down.

And also use the verse from Jeremiah 29:11 (paraphrased) "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (emphasis added).

God knows what He's doing. Sometimes we just have to give in, and go along with it, even if we don't understand. Why me? Why like this? Why now? I don't know, but I know I trust Him.

No comments: