Friday 26 June 2009

Michael Jackson

I'm not the first to blog, tweet or comment on this and I'm certain I won't be the last.

I was shocked to find out this morning. Just after I started the van up and was setting off to work the radio came on with the news: Michael Jackson has died.

He was a leader in the music industry and really helped to shake things up. He was an eccentric character (aren't all the best geniuses eccentric?) and was greatly troubled. Those close to him should never have allowed him to get into the situation with those children, however innocent he may have been - this was his ruin. His fortune, his possessions, his lifestyle and his vibrant character were robbed from him.

I pray that God will be with his family and his children at this time. I hope the fans are courteous and gracious, even those that paid a lot of money for O2 tickets (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8120412.stm for more info).

The king is dead! Long live the king? To be honest, I don't know who could take on that crown next, is there anyone big enough?

Thanks to the British way of dealing with such things, expect a lot of jokes to come out in the next few days.

All I can say is "Thank you for the music" and I hope he was saved so we can boogie down in heaven!

No comments: